Saturday, July 18, 2009

Show me love

Remember this song...



I just danced around to it a couple times. :p

Sorry for that last post, I just needed to get that stuff out. After a few minutes of sad time, I really do feel a lot better. This post and that one were supposed to be one, but after all that whining and dramatics, I needed a little break to start over.

After listening to that song and having a funny fb convo with one of my best girls (mostly about my FAIL with a boy hahaha), I feel so much more focused and energized.

By the time I hit "publish post", it will officially be the start of my last week as a teenager. I know 20 is nothing special but at least i'll be out of the crappy teens. I really want a low key birthday this year, but there are some possible plans this week that seem like they'll be fun (one in which I hope includes me not embarrassing myself in front of formentioned boy :]) . I'll keep you updated! Even though I'm not at my mini goal weight, I just want to feel confident and happy with myself this week. Shoot, I would settle for just feeling comfortable. So for this week, I'm going to really focus on taking care of myself and see how that helps.

Grace and Peace, y'all!

P.S. i really need to start putting up some type of pictures or some color!! I'll think about it...any ideas?

2 comments:

Jess said...

Ah, self-confidence. That's something I've always had, and I honestly don't know why. I think I just don't give a flying rat's ass what anyone else thinks about me, and that keeps me golden. But I can NEVER give anyone else advice on confidence- I always end up sounding like an ass.

What I can relate to, however, is that feeling of self-loathing. And B, you have to just let it go. That feeling is from when you were at your top weight- hating yourself, feeling gross all the time. You are now DOING something about it, and that's all you can ask of yourself. And you're doing it the right way, too: no invasive surgery, no "weight loss shakes", no pills, none of the crap that EVERYONE knows doesn't actually work (except for surgery, but I mean, come on.)

So let the feelings go. How? Focus on how you feel after you work out. Focus on how good a cool glass of water tastes. Focus on buying smaller clothes, and take some pictures of yourself and compare them to pics of yourself at your top weight: I promise you'll see a difference!

And I want to let you know this too- you've lost more at 5 months than I had at five months. In fact, right now you and I are at about neck and neck, and I've been at this two months longer. I've slipped many, many times in the last seven months. But we can't give up, because I promise you that if we do, we'll be kicking ourselves in one year's time saying, "If I had only stuck with it I'd be close to/at goal by now!"

There is no way I would let that ever happen to me again. (Yeah, I've done it before.)

I'm glad you followed up that first post with this happy one. I never liked being a teenager either, because I could never relate to people my age. I didn't drink/smoke/party etc. etc. It was weird. So welcome to the 20's, where your peers start to get better after a little while :)

From what I can see, you're going through something very normal- you're dealing with your self-image issues in a very normal way. It's normal to be frustrated. Like I said a couple of paragraphs ago, let it all go. Focus on how you feel. I'm glad you've decided to focus on taking care of yourself: it will help.

Talk to you next time! :)

John said...

Satisfaction and trust are required for the authentic expression of generosity, intimacy, openness, honesty and sensitivity. Domestic confidence means knowing that, whatever it is what is felt, thought, or desired, and is needed by all life.
dsi r4