Friday, May 15, 2009

Fist Day Official

Eventually I will try to get this blog beyond a daily weight loss journal. But for now this is what its.

My mom and I finally made it to WW on Thursday morning. (Hence my starting numbers over there --->) I'm much more horrified by the inches than the lbs. Officially, at a bit over 5'6, I weight 205 lbs. I was actually really excited when I saw the number. At my heaviest, I was probably 218 lbs but have been able to lose 13 lbs through exercise alone. WW is my way of trying to get a hold on my food habits.

Today is my first day using the 'Points' system. I've done WW before so I understand the concept, but it still is a tiny bit agitating to keep looking at the quick guide to figure out how many points each food item is. Hopefully I will get the hang of it in the next few days.

Beyond just the food part, I still need to get a better and more consistent exercise routine. I have not been to the gym in over a month, but I do get some running/weightlifting at work. I definitely want to get back to the gym, but if I can't make it everyday, I found an at-home alternative.

Since I had been seeing it pop up on other blogs, I went out and bought the 'Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred' workout video. I did the level one workout and it kicked my butt! But it was fun and I can already feel it. Good start!

Lastly, I wanted to talk a little bit about motivation and focus. As I mentioned in my last post, I was already getting frustrated and doubtful why I was putting myself through this. And as lame and superficial as it sounds (which I promise, I am normally not) it was a boy that reinstated my perspective. Boys and dating (or lack there of) deserve their own post altogether which I will get to in the future. However, seeing this boy reminded me that one of the reasons why I want to lose weight is to gain confidence and not feel so unattractive/ self-conscious all the time and maybe one day have an actual relationship (preferably with this adorable and incredibly talented boy!). [Sorry, for the run-on]

While at Target this afternoon, I also got an extra boost of motivation. I really like Target clothes but none of them ever fit properly. One of my biggest goals this summer is to wear a pair of non-basketball shorts in public. I havn't done this in probably over 5 years. While at Target I tried on a pair of size 16 "fashion" shorts at they didn't fit horribly. They were not tight around my waist or snug around my thighs. My legs are still too 'meaty' for me to be parading around in shorts like those, but they do look better than before.

I'm actually getting pretty excited for this upcoming challenge.

No comments: